– 4 servings
- Astragalus chai packet from Gnome OR
- 3.5 oz astragalus root
- 1 oz ginger root
- 1 oz black peppercorns
- 0.8 oz cinnamon bark
- 0.8 oz orange peel
- 0.5 oz licorice root
- Filtered water
- Milk or milk alternative (nut, soy, coconut)
- 2 oz black tea leaves
- 0.8 oz cardamom pods (open and ground) or seeds
- Cinnamon stick, for serving
1. Bring kettle or pot of water to a boil (~a quart).
2. Infuse the chai blend with the water in a pot (can be the same pot as used to boil the water).
3. Simmer for another 20 minutes on low heat.
4. Remove from heat and strain into cups.
5. Add milk or milk substitute, to taste.
6. Can sprinkle additional cinnamon powder on top and/or serve with cinnamon stick.
7. Batch keeps in the fridge for 3 days.