I do not advise indulging in coffee on the daily, let alone multiple times a day – as it can exacerbate nervous system and adrenal dysfunction (ie conditions like anxiety, stress, insomnia, ADD, IBS, IBD, OAB – just to name a few).
The GOOD NEWS though, for coffee lovers, is that you can reduce your coffee intake by substituting or “cutting” it with beneficial herbs and spices.
Here is a recipe I made just this morning and am enjoying as I type this.
- liver detoxification
- antioxidant support
- immune regulation
- Combine all the ingredients in a large pot or saucer
- Cover with 6 glasses of water
- Bring to a boil, cover with lid and simmer for 20 minutes (decoct)
- Strain with strainer/funnel or via French press
- Add milk/substitute if desired, and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge up to 3 days. May also reuse herbal material 1-2 additional times for a less potent decoction.
PS: Any of the ingredients can be in powder form or whole/chopped form.
Have fun with this, substitute whatever you have at the ready or would rather enjoy – this is just my template to get your creative juices flowing!
Let me know your favorite variations in the comments below.
The Site may contain links to affiliate websites, and we receive an affiliate commission for any purchases made by you on the affiliate website using such links. We are highly selective with what products we recommend. Our affiliates include ShareASale and Banyan Botanicals.