Have you ever made pepper jelly?
It’s one of my signature dishes that my husband loves (and he’s quite picky when it comes to my more creative concoctions. 🙈
I had some overripe strawberries strawberries 🍓 that I didn’t want to go to waste, and they made the perfect complement to this spicy 🌶️ sauce!!
Also, this has natural pectin from pears so you don’t need to add any in. 😋
- 1 pound ripe strawberries, trimmed and cut in halves
- 1-2 ripe pears, diced (for extra pectin!)
- 1 organic lemon, finely diced (I prefer with the peel intact or grated)
- 1-2 diced jalapeños (note: the seeds are spiciest!)
- 1 cup sugar (coconut or brown)
- pinch of salt (Himalayan or Celtic sea salt)
- Mash strawberries and pears with a potato masher or fork.
- Combine all ingredients together in a small saucepan or pot.
- Heat over medium-high heat until boiling, reduce and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Transfer into a clean glass or mason jar and store in the refrigerator (up to 7 days).
- Enjoy in both savory and sweet dishes for a flavorful kick!